Priority / aversive tasks

I have mustdo and top_10_todo (do something from top 10 of my tasks) - not entirely successful, leading sometimes to some pointless planning / busywork and mustdo is my most weasely goal. (I just got illegitimate derail on top_10_todo due to confusion and sometimes I entered datapoints for things in mustdo for things done in letter but not done in spirit).

But sometimes working and leading to doing things that I postponed for months.

Splitting tasks into smaller pieces is very succesfull, I will create a new goal solely for that (created!).

“have a goal for total number of priority / aversive goals in your backlog” - that just encourages you to avoid splitting goals and concentrating them or not putting them in backlog, what is encouraging to avoid the most successful strategies. And requires counting/listing/classifying them and spending them to think how many aversive goals you have. At least for me it would not be useful.

“* add ‘fake’ deadlines” - sounds like musto specified in more generic and less beeminder focused form

" * think consciously about whether your aversions make any sense, CBT-style" - sounds nice, never worked for me but maybe I did CBT-style part incorrectly

3 Likes