This thread is about bookmarklets that work with TaskRatchet. I’ll post my own and I’d love to see other people adding theirs or improving mine! So far I have only one, but I’m hoping to make at least an improved version of it in future.
Firstly, for anyone who doesn’t know:
- TaskRatchet is like Beeminder for your to do list, created by @narthur.
To make a bookmarklet from any code in this thread:
- Use your browser’s bookmarks manager to create a new, empty bookmark.
- Give it a name - anything you like.
- Optionally give it a keyword if your browser allows that (this means you could type the keyword into your browser’s address bar to execute the bookmarklet).
- Copy the code from a post below and paste it into the URL field.
- Edit the code as described in the post. You may actually wish to edit it in Notepad or similar then paste from there to the bookmark’s URL field.
- Save it.
- Move the bookmarklet to any bookmark folder and/or add tags if you use them. I like to have my bookmarklets on the bookmark toolbar.
- For each bookmarklet, you can create multiple versions if you wish to, each with different settings. I.e., create a new bookmark for each one and edit each one as needed.
This screenshot shows a bookmarklet that’s ready to be saved:
Be aware that TaskRatchet’s API is not finalised and will likely change in future. Any bookmarklets that use the API would then stop working until they were updated. Updating them should be easy though.