tracking work time - number of pomodoros per day

I’ve been keeping the number as less than total work partly because I like being able to build up buffer, but mostly because I’m not yet good at staying focussed. There’s usually a few attempted pomodoros (poms) a day that fail from distractions.

Work being hard to do in a time boxed fashion isn’t an issue for me because I let myself change between any work task during a pom. One reason I change is that a work chat might come in that needs a rapid-ish reply, although I’m trying to be mindful of what chats really are urgent versus ones that can wait.

When my job restarts in a week, year I’m hoping to have success with gradually increasing the pomodoro rate. One large source of non-work distractions ended recently, so I’m optimistic about being able I increase my focussed time!

I’ll probably end up capping the rate at 10 or 11 poms per day. 10 equates to almost a full working day if all the poms are 35 minutes long (which is rare but not impossible).

Currently I’m intending to let the increase happen automatically by using the Autodialer tool, with the settings below I think, but I may change that depending on how it goes.

• #autodialMax=11 (can’t increase to more than 11 poms per day)
  • #autodialTimes=1.05 (increase the rate slowly)
  • #autodialStrict (don’t let the rate decrease)
3 Likes