2016 Planning (aka Resolutions)

Hi Everyone! Last year I planned out a few resolutions for 2015, and a few others chimed in. Let’s do that again. It’ll be a social accountability thing, and we’ll commit to check back in quarterly and see what’s working.

This year my personal focus is ultimately all about health.

Sleep

This still seems like the lynchpin of improved overall health for me. Last year I started out trying a couple different things for sleep tracking, but in the end my bedtime goal spawned a new bad habit, and my average nightly sleep hovered somewhere between 6.11 and 7.18 hours per night (March 2015 being my best month recorded).

This year I’m setting up some automatic goals to squelch my bad habit of playing games on my phone in bed, and I’m going to try to make sure my average nightly sleep doesn’t drop below 7 hours /night this year.

Social

Second, I’d like to increase my socializing and spend more time nurturing friendships. Maybe a goal to keep in contact with people I already love would be a good place to start.

Flexibility & strength

Faire (my daughter) has a friend who’s gotten her interested in acrobatics-related stuff, and I’m hoping I can get Faire (and Cantor too) excited about some kind of joint goal where maybe we pick a skill and all of us work together on improving that skill for a month. My ideas so far are a month of working on splits and a month on headstands (or handstands).

Chime in with your goals! (and I’ll update this post with links to my goals once I get them set up / details ironed out).

5 Likes