Beeminder Forum

Beeminding New Year's Resolutions 2022

Hey everyone! It’s not long before 2022 hits, so I’m already beginning to think about how to use that milestone as a way to self-evaluate, decide what I want to do in the coming year, and how to make it actually happen.

Last year I had a couple of resolutions; I wrote about the process here. Of the resolutions discussed there, the only one I held to was the Litsy one – I don’t think I’ve done a single stitch this year, which makes sense as that goal was a bit unrealistic for me right now, and I couldn’t keep up the Pillowfort one due to the downtime there.

I haven’t really decided on any themes this year: I know I want to add to my Litsy engagement a bit and spend more time talking to people there, I want to get back to Pillowfort now they’re running fine, and I want to get back to engaging more on Habitica again.

That sounds like quite a lot already, so maybe I’ll leave it there – I already have various goals about health and so on, and lots of reading goals… but I haven’t decided yet.

What goals are you folks thinking about?

3 Likes

I think my main goals are kinda meta-goals, really. Like I want to more consistently maintain the systems that keep my brain and body functioning, things like organizing and proper bullet journaling (including doing the migrations every week and month).

I think this year has showed me my foundation isn’t good enough to take the kinds of things life has thrown at me, y’know?

3 Likes

Going through my resolutions from last year, I’ve only really completed three out of twenty-five-ish? :sweat_smile: So, the easiest thing to do would be just start with those. I’m thinking of starting up my Bee Journal again. :thinking:

Resolutions from 2021

Work

• /productivity: Spend five three hours a day on my new business studying for school.
  • /distraction: Spend all most my of leisure time on analogue activities.
  • /github: Create a new open source project that will benefit people. This project has done pretty good!
  • /blogging and /writing: Start writing and publishing more, aiming for two posts per week.
  • Start writing by hand in my bullet journal once a day.
  • Start tracking my budget better, buy as little as possible, practice frugality.

Education

• /learning: Earn 5 new certificates to help me with my career.
    • /courses: Complete 20 educational course in the year.
  • /books: Listen to 20 audiobooks in the year. Take notes on them publicly.
  • /french and /clozemaster: Consume more French media, read and write in it more frequently, aim for fluency.
  • Reach an ELO rating of 1700 in chess, read more theory. (I reached 1500 in bullet!)

Creativity

• /photos: Dedicate time to having a street photography session once a week.
    • Start a new photography portfolio.
  • /poetry: Read and write more poetry, and publish a chapbook. Published on Amazon!
  • Learn new songs and fingerpicking on guitar, try my hand at songwriting again.

Fitness

• /foodlog: Continue on my diet, practice veganism and sobriety.
  • /fitness: Continue going on daily walks to reach 10k steps.
  • /weight: Lose 40 lbs. and reach my goal weight of 140 lbs.
    • /weight-check: Continue logging my weight daily to gain the most insight on the data.
  • /sleep: Start waking up and going to bed earlier.
  • /meditation and /prayer: Take meditation and prayer more seriously, study them.
    • /gratitude: Contemplate what I’m grateful for more deeply each day.

Meta

• /journalbar: Write an eBook about this experiment using Beeminder.
  • /derail: Aim for zero non-legit derails this year.
1 Like