2017 log (dev hours, derivatives & becoming fit)

Yes. I reread it at least every other year, and I’ve been using it as the
basis for my own personal system since… 2006?

1 Like

Could you please elaborate on how exactly you beemind finances? What is your system?

If you like your weekly reviews, check out this http://bulletjournal.com/

1 Like

Thanks. I try to keep my tools at minimum. it’s about the system not the tools.

The system is simple: I’ve a beeminder 3 times a week checking my finances (putting the expenses and income (usually 1/2 invoices) into a spreadsheet in excell), so I know exactly what my current state of expenses / income and cash is. Does that answer your question?

I’m currenlty researching how to invest 500 euro that I’ve saved to invest into something. I’m making a personal finance list of bloggers for the netherlands to understand what the more richer people are doing with their money :slight_smile:

Ideal scenario: to be able to build something like youneedabudget.com into my excelsheet so I have 0 worry (read: peace of mind) about finances.

1 Like

Thanks. I already use YNAB, but I have a problem deciding what to beemind. I had an idea to beeming “just for fun” category (dining out and various entertainment) monthly, but I found monthly or weekly beeminders not current enough for me, I take beeminder seriously only when it requires attention daily. But there is not much to beemind on that scale with YNAB since its about monthly budget for the most part.

1 Like

After being almost 2 full weeks sick in bed, I’m slowly getting back as per the comments above.

Will post insights later.

There will be less tracking in next 90 days. More focus on 1 thing.

Well this is just a system of doing daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reviews. You decide how to implement it. it can be on paper or digital or in your mind :smiley:

2 Likes

but I have a problem deciding what to beemind.

that’s normal :slight_smile:

Primary focus
maximize amount of seconds worked on my ruby on rails project.

Helpers:
exercises
finances
minimizing social activities (this one is a big distraction)
zero coffee
Do daily (instead of weekly) review of my GTD system

Currently having another ad hoc activity of reading and making a summary of GTD. This will be beneficial for whatever primary focus I will have in the future. Link to that discussion: http://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/threads/anti-failure-implementation-of-gtd.13545/

The ordering of goals has been wonderful so far :slight_smile:

Currently have 4 layers:

000 → monitoring via rescuetime of atom/sublime/localhost/terminal hours
1xx → base helpers
2xx → primary focus
3xx → “deep work 5th room kind of thing” (once a month at minimum)