Take the Beeminder founders' money

/d/meta is off, but with a $0 pledge so not sure if it’s a valid one any more

2 Likes

Totally valid! And you win the full $0 :slight_smile:
In fact @mary set me up with some new graphs – bmndr.co/d/meta-hours & bmndr.co/d/meta-pto & bmndr.co/d/meta-vacation – in order to better approximate normal work culture with crazy concepts like vacation. I’m now updating the list above to reflect that. Thanks for noticing the derailment!

2 Likes

Woot! :tada: Drinks are on me!

1 Like

sptzero went off a while back

1 Like

You claimed that last and within a year, so if you’re DQed by rule 6 or 7 I’ll claim it :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: oops, not last. Ianminds’ claim was found to be valid. But still within a year. Not sure if it’s a high-water mark though. Looks like no but on the off chance you’re DQed somehow I’ll leave this here :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think Support Zero has been the same level for a while now. I did try to claim d/meta in April but it was $0 so I can probably say it doesn’t count.

Confirmed!

Also, it’s going to end up being a double-payout this time around. We made the same mistake zedmango did, and so we paid him the bounty, and then we realized that Nevan could rightfully claim it, so we’ve now sent him the bounty too!

1 Like

Thank you! I already received it but I believe the amount is wrong. It looks like the amount had a typo.

Congratulations to @zedmango too. Proving that it’s always right to post first and ask questions later.

Now according to Beeminder tradition sptzero will derail again in around two weeks and we’ll both be excluded from claiming it so the field is wide open.

1 Like

Hmm, I’m not seeing the typo on this end. (It was a $30 derailment, with the pledge having now climbed up to $90 for the next derailment.) Would you mind sending those details to support@beeminder.com please, so that I can make sure you didn’t get short-changed or anything?

I believe that b/sptzero just derailed.
It’s the first time I’ve done this. Did I get it right?

It looks like it has 23 hours before it derails. It’s just an emergency day for it right now; meaning that there are 24 hours before it would derail if no additional work were put into it and the datapoint weren’t entered.

It’s better to ask than to miss one, though!

1 Like

It looks like it has 23 hours before it derails. It’s just an emergency day for it right now; meaning that there are 24 hours before it would derail if no additional work were put into it and the datapoint weren’t entered.

Oops! I’m sorry for the false alarm. Then now is a great moment for cheering the team! Seriously, it’s been exciting to see the team come close to a derailment and pull through so many times. It’s been motivating for me on days when I get close to derailment myself.

• posted as I come perilously close to a derailment on “go to gym” …
1 Like

Beemail has derailed

False alarm! I sent the beemail and wandered off without entering the datapoint. [:sheep:ish]

/blog has been 8 seconds from derailing. OMG so close… I was there ready to click reply :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

We weren’t just messing with you. It was riveting! :grin:

It would’ve been a super ironic derailment too. Check out the post – blog.beeminder.com/dogfood. This forum thread is now officially done (I mean, the dogfood mechanism – feel free to keep chatting here!) and our derailments – on drastically more goals than the ones listed at the top of this thread – will be paid randomly to users (who have premium plans) from now on!

4 Likes

Oh nice change! Now all the beeminders living on something other than west coast USA time have a > 0% chance of actually winning for once :wink:

2 Likes

You’re just looking forward to the chance to take my money for once!

2 Likes

not sure if this is still relevant, since the last edits and replies here seem to be from 3 years ago, but in any case, i found three now archived goals in the “goals you should bee minding” section, that probably need to be moved down to the “completed or archived” section :slight_smile:

1. Danny’s hours on Beeminder 23 ($270 at stake; $405 paid)
  2. Progress on open-sourcing Beeminder 336 ($270 at stake)
  3. Bee’s MIT: Road editor sign in 123($0 at stake)
3 Likes