About the New Design

I tried to create a new GmailZero goal. Several problems occurred.

1. The goal creation script isn’t at all intuitive. I’m pledging to get to inbox zero, but by when? There’s no option to say. As far as the user can see during goal creation, they could be setting themselves up on an impossible path.

2. Goal creation hangs at “setting up your goal…” (or whatever that page actually says - I lost my previous version of this comment during the crash mentioned above)

3. Possibly related to 2, my authentication isn’t working, despite no error messages during goal creation. I get the error “Your Google authentication info expired. Please visit your services and re-add Google.”

4. The problem with 3 is that there is no “services” tab anywhere. I have to know to look at “Account settings -> Apps and API”.

5. Once I’m at the correct screen, the only option under services is to delete existing services. There’s no way to add any.

6. Even though there’s no way to fix it, the error message from 3 pops up repeatedly. It covers the top menu bar, so I have to close it before I can do anything.

2 Likes