AnkiMinder: Automatic Anki → Beeminder Reviews

I built a small Anki add-on that automatically sends your completed review count to Beeminder and figured I’d share it here.

It’s called AnkiMinder.

What it does right now is simple: it reads the Anki review log and sends the number of completed reviews to a Beeminder goal. No time tracking, no estimates, just actual finished reviews.

Latest version is v1.0.2.

You can download the release and the .ankiaddon file here:
https://github.com/rolemartyr-x/AnkiMinder

I can’t publish it to AnkiWeb yet because my account isn’t old enough, but I will once I’m eligible.

For reference, this is the goal I’m using it with:
https://www.beeminder.com/rolemartyrx/ankireviews

Not an official integration, just something I built for my own workflow and cleaned up enough to share. If anyone tries it and has feedback or ideas, I’m open to it.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for this! The beemind maintaned progress was always a bit glitchy for me for some reason.

Do you know of any way to get this working with AnkiDroid?

1 Like

I wish! Unfortunately, AnkiDroid doesn’t accept add-ons, so that would involve writing a whole new app or adding the functionality directly into AnkiDroid.

My workflow (and the “easiest” way I’ve found) is to just make sure I open Anki on my PC every day - it syncs any mobile reviews I did upon startup and then I can either do my reviews on my PC or just close Anki again. Obviously doesn’t work super well over weekends or if travelling, but that’s the closest I’ve come.

1 Like

On mobile you can fire an http request to beeminder on every (or every fifth) card you review. This works both on iOS or Android.

I ended up with binary goal just pushing 1 if do enough cards that day.

2 Likes

Hey, I think I have it setup. Is there any way to make it send a single true/false (0/1) message to Beeminder? I’d like to be just simply completed reviews today or didn’t complete reviews today. Review counts fluctuate heavily daily for me.

@msafar I’m looking into this now - I think I have it working, just need to do some more testing.

1 Like

It may not be available on your Beeminder plan, but there’s a nonzero aggregation method that treats any entered number (other than zero) as a +1 to the goal.

1 Like

yeah, i just have the free version

let me know when you get it! thanks for your work and help.

Just started using this today: the way the other popular anki addon worked (rotestock) was confusing to me and led to many unexpected derails. This one is perfect, thank you so much!

1 Like

Glad it’s working well for you!

@msafar Apologies for the long wait, life has been quite crazy. v1.0.5 is now released to add in your request

Please log any issues in GitHub for the fastest response!

1 Like

I used to maintain a similar add-on! Probably totally defunct now. :slight_smile: (https://github.com/ianmcb/beetime)

Thanks for sharing yours! And right when I’m getting back into Anki. :wink:

Is your account old enough for AnkiWeb yet?

That’s a great question - I forgot about that! It is old enough…I’ve posted it now.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/221391424?cb=1787323482830

1 Like

Great!

Am I misunderstanding the review completion sync? It should only post a binary 1 when all reviews for the day have been done, right? Currently the add-on doesn’t seem to behave like that. I only saw it posting no/0 when no reviews were done on a day. But today I still have 75 reviews to go and it already posted yes/1.

ETA: I couldn’t tell off the top of my head, but is it really/easily possible to backfill the review completion data? Maybe it should post a “maybe” instead of a “yes” for historical datapoints?

I believe it posts a binary 1 when any reviews have been done. It’s “did I do any reviews today” not “did I do all my due reviews today”.

@rubygagotoku is right - it’s a binary “did I do any reviews?” I’ll take a look at what information Anki makes available to see if I can add in an “all reviews are complete” flag as well.

I’ve made the updates. v1.1.0 includes the “did I do any reviews” AND “all reviews are complete” functionality.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/221391424?cb=1787843914408

Please report any issues on Github so I can track and address them!

3 Likes