Announcing my new app: Subjective -- Go beyond counting steps and calories.

Hi all. After years of self experimenting with many ways to track subjective variables, I’m happy to share the app I’ve been working on for the last few months.

Here’s a link to it: https://www.subjective.app/

It’s called Subjective and will be available on iOS first, and later on Android. Let me know if you have any questions. I’m very excited of sharing it with the beeminder community.

5 Likes

I’ve wanted an app like this for so long! Will be waiting expectantly for the Android version to come out. :slight_smile:

Will you have data export? Also, IFTTT integration? I didn’t read the web page incredibly carefully, but I’m guessing you’ll be pinging the user to remind them to evaluate? Will I be able to schedule time periods when I’d like to be pinged and when I wouldn’t, maybe even on a per-metric basis?

2 Likes

Data export is on the list. IFTTT not yet. If you enable notifications, you will be taken to a screen where you can quickly evaluate (rate) selected items (or all).

2 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous and brilliant. Whenever it gets to Android I’d love to jump in on it!

4 Likes

+1!

1 Like

Interesting! Your app looks like a fancier (a lot fancier) version of a python notebook that I made to find out where my headaches come from. I also throw data science at my headache logs to maybe one day find a meaningful correlation.
Nice to see someone had a similar idea and made an actual app out of it. Now I don’t have to do that anymore :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks @phi, hoping Subjecive will be useful for you!

Just put in my email address. 40% 'cause the app looks good, 60% 'cause of the cute kinda butchy-queer style of the cartoon person on the teaser site. #amshallow

Congrats @caffo!

The whole presentation and design of the webpage looks beautiful; I wish you all the best with it!

A couple of small notes:

• The Subjective logos at the bottom of the privacy and TOS pages seem to have a different font than the main page and there is a gap, that shouldn’t be there.
    Capture
    Capture4
  • The gap between the elements and the logo on the main page and the TOS and privacy page are different.
  • The email address at the end of the TOS creates a little crack in your flawless presentation, you may consider changing this one to a more “official” one.
  • The spaces after the full stops in the Privacy Overview are missing.

I am really happy for you that you started, this must be an exciting time! I am looking forward to be in that position myself.

Thanks @leo I will fix these all shortly. :slight_smile:

1 Like