Apple watch

Are any Bee-folk planning on getting (or have you already ordered) an Apple Watch? If so, would you want to get reminders about your Beeminder goals on it? @aaronpk?

7 Likes

Nah, I decided to wait until v2 for it. I might get the new Pebble instead though!

4 Likes

I get both the notifications from Beeminder by email, and the ones from the iOS app popping up on my watch. Works perfectly well as is tbh!

What I would like is some kind of way to update quickly from the watch, perhaps adding a single goal as glance and then being able to add a number to it with a minimum of effort.

3 Likes

Thanks k1rsty! I didn’t actually realize the notifications would show up on the watch without me doing anything but that make sense.

2 Likes

Integrating with the health and activity part of apple watch would be pretty cool (daily weights and activity amounts)

1 Like

A year later… Did this go anywhere @dreev ? Would really like to keep beeminding my step count now I have an Apple Watch but all the workarounds involve installing more apps which I’m currently trying to reduce!

1 Like

Not that I have an apple watch, but I’ve noticed that my fitbit app doesn’t always pick up historical (i.e. recent) steps. Would be better for me if things like this came from Apple Health.

1 Like

No progress on Apple Watch yet (keep clicking :heart: on @apb’s post if you’d like to see Beeminder reminders on Apple Watch!) but an Apple Health integration is high on the list.

A couple years later - any apple watch thoughts yet? I would love something on my watch that can yell at me to work

2 Likes

@steveflan, What is it you would like? If you use the native iOS app and allow remote / push notifications, your watch will show those as it does others from the Notification Center.

2 Likes

I’d love the ability to check off habits from the watch, rather than just receive notifications.

1 Like

Something along the lines, you created a goal where you would be entering a datapoint of “1”, say daily, to mark that you did a thing?
In the app you would configure this goal as one that should be presented on watch and on the watch you can pick the goal from those available on the watch where you then tap a button on the watch indicating you performed the action, the datapoint 1 is added to the goal?

1 Like

yes, that’d work. most of my goals are boolean goals in any case.

1 Like

Hello.

The tools to do this exist now in the form of Shortcuts and the Beeminder API. A user listed an example Shortcut for beeminding data via the API in iOS is open source again, request for feature/bugfix requests - #7 by dehowell. Tweak it to your needs and be sure to tick the “show on Apple Watch”.

3 Likes

As far as checking off habits from the Apple Watch… I’ve been using the ifttt button widget. I plan on trying out a shortcut. The button widget was just quicker.

2 Likes