Beeminding Query Letters to Agents

Hi. I’m new to Beeminder. I’m a fiction writer. So far I’ve been beeminding my daily writing wordcount. It’s going well. I wanted to find out if there was a way to beemind sending out query emails to agents? My idea is to have a way to automatically track that I’ve sent out an email to an agent. Perhaps I can BCC a specific email address that’s beeminded. But then, how would I hook up that email address to Beeminder so that Beeminder registers every time an email comes into it? Thanks so much!

3 Likes

You can use incoming email to a unique address as a trigger for a Make.com scenerio I think, which would let you do what you’re describing with bcc. They call it mail hooks.

3 Likes

Great question (and great answer by @narthur). My first thought was that it may be less onerous that you’d think to just do that manually. Send the email, add the datapoint to Beeminder with the literary agent’s name as the comment on the datapoint.

This tends to work better if you’re edge-skating. Without Beeminder breathing down your neck, you may forget to enter the data on Beeminder as you’re doing the thing (sending emails in this case). But it’s all there in your sent mail folder so it may work fine to wait till Beeminder is in fact breathing down your neck to add any missing datapoints (or send more emails to agents if you don’t have enough yet).

Anyway, I approve of finding ways to automate it and am interested to hear other ideas people may have! I know Zapier can also do the trick @narthur describes.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll give it a bash and circle back with the results…sounds like a good solution. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try this if the automation doesn’t work. Thank you.

1 Like