Calendial-Concomitant Continuous Commenting

Had a lovely ski trip! We leave for another in early February :3

Breaks

• 2023W03–2023W04: No breaks.
  • 2023W05: Break starting on the 3rd and ending on the 11th.

Changes and notes

• My break that just ended today started a little late (as I mentioned last post) so I extended it a few extra days to help make up for it. I used that as an opportunity to start pushing my urgency load down: I’m now operating on “<4d is the new Red”. I would just say “3d” but:
  • I made a new gratitude goal as a result of chatting with @poisson yesterdya to track me posting on the Gratitude Journalling Together forum thread. I like that better than gratitude journalling in my own actual journal, but if there’s ever a day that for whatever reason I’d rather write privately than publicly, that’s OK too and still worth a +1. :slight_smile:
  • As promised last post, I posted in the Resolution Thread, and while I’m not doing New Year’s resolutions this year, I am doing seasonal resolutions, and have a few new goals to track some of those seasonal resolutions!
    • cleandesk (link) is to get me to keep my desk more clean than the once-a-week it’s due for cleaning anyways. Beenary, +1 for “cleaned desk all the way”.
    • weekly-review (link) is to get me to process my GTD inbox more often, clear out stale tasks, make sure I have actions for all my projects, etc. I had a process set up for this and was ignoring it: a prototypical beeminderable task! Beenary, +1 for “checked off everything on my weekly review checklist” (which, for the interested, is in the below collapse).
Weekly Review
  1. Gather inputs from journal & notebook
  2. Check on any waiting-fors
  3. Consider every someday/maybe and discard stales or promote to active projects
  4. Process inputs to actions/projects/do-immediately
  5. Empty “Project without actions”
  6. Scan actions for stales & completes

My source of truth is in Obsidian; “Projects without actions” is a chunk of dataview I have that makes sure (1) every entry in my projects list has an associated tag, and (2) every projects tag has at least one associated action.

4 Likes