Defragmenting my schedule

Sorry @hmowilliams for hijacking your awesome thread :grimacing:

to quote a friend of mine who was once a very very avid vim user, then joined the church of emacs for ā€œbiggerā€ files and thenā€¦ ā€œI now use an emacs without any packages for small files for which I have used vim before. I aliased it to eq for emacs quick. Because with using both vim and emacs I ended up using emacs shortcuts in vim all the time and then had to google how I get out of vim constantlyā€. :grin:
He also had some auto save plugin in vim so whenever he accidentally messed up it was soon made permanent and then he better remembered how to undo the mess in vimā€¦ It just doesnā€™t end. And of course he has no backups.

a) Isnā€™t there some emacs beeminder package already?
b) Iā€™m soon gonna continue making my small VS Code (read: the new emacs. There. I said it. :sunglasses:) beeminder extension. I assume there wonā€™t be enough overlap to join forces? Or will there?

but back to topic. A little bit at least.
@hmowilliams I love your purple yellow color scheme in your screenshot in the first post and how your 1% time interval thing brought more awareness!

I might be the weirdo here but I love physical buttons and I got access to a laser cutter and I will take any excuse to use it so once Iā€™m done with the e-Ink thing, is there any interest in an ridiculously overbuilt small console with laser engraved buttons for yā€™allā€™s little 15 minute / 1% tag time toggle time tracking needs? That was just 5 t in a row. whee.

3 Likes