Favorite Beeminder Goal on profile should be a clickable link

Forum profiles automatically link to Beeminder dashboards, which is very neat.

Under Preferences > Profile you can also name a Favorite Beeminder Goal to be displayed above your dashboard link. Which is incredibly neat as well!
However, it doesn’t automatically create a clickable link to that goal, which i find very baffling and slightly annoying.¹ Is there a reason for that? (I am equally surprised that no-one seems to have mentioned this yet on the forum, or at least I couldn’t find anything. Then again the Meta category is the smallest Beeminder-specific category on the whole Forum. [I not only browsed the Meta category, I also did a general Forum search for “favorite beeminder goal”, which gave me no relevant results. I’m not the best at finding things, though, so apologies if i missed a relevant thread!])

Just to be thorough, I have tried all different ways to spell the link I could think of:

• https://www.beeminder.com/enbee/beecture
  • www.beeminder.com/enbee/beecture
  • beeminder.com/enbee/beecture
  • bmndr.com/enbee/beecture (which would be analogous to how the dashboard link looks)

None of them made the link clickable.

1 Most Bees I’ve come across in the Forum have very many Beeminder goals, so to find the favourite one means I either have to ctrl+f in the dashboard, or I have to copypaste the favourite URL into a new tab. Both not excessively inconvenient, but it’s at least bugged me (often) enough to create this post xD

2 Likes

We may be able to support this after going through this guide Use an ID in a custom user field to link to a user's external profile - admins - Discourse Meta, especially if we had folks use username/goalname as the format.

3 Likes