Feature Request: Integery goals

Wait, does that mean you need premium for this? Because that would be absolutely insane. I’ve pre-written the rant in case of “yes”:

I have 28 active goals and 21 of them need integery. I’m in another thread helping @heraclitus63 and they have 2 goals and both of them need integery. I am curious what the stats are for everybody else.

If I’m actually representative here and integery is more common than not, I would argue it ought to be on the Basics page. If I were king of the world, I would make all the timer apps report time in seconds rather than hours and then default integery to on for all non-weight goals.

What I would not do is tell people, new users and veterans included, that getting Beeminder to be less of a [quote=“lolernie, post:3, topic:1263”]
engineer/programmer/sentient robot type of thing
[/quote]

requires premium. I would not do this because:

1. It’s already hard enough to attract newbees. The graphs and math are already very nerdy. If you have to click Terrifyingly Advanced to get Beeminder to stop asking you to floss your teeth 0.17 times today, I don’t think it’s going to happen often.
  2. Everything in the New Goal UI makes Custom Goals sound scary. What is so scary about not wanting to be talked to like a sentient robot?
  3. This continues the discouraging pattern of Beeminder premium features being work arounds / bug fixes rather than features. integery is a Category B feature from that post. I will not pay money for it.

EDIT: Updated stats since I created a new integery goal.

4 Likes