Gratitude journaling together

1. @malakaiy I’m grateful you’ve joined us!
  2. I made some new friends.
  3. SGQ: I did a thing at work that’s small but is an improvement to how our team does a regular task.
4 Likes
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i didn’t forget to make a hairdresser appointment today.
  • i’m grateful i was able to stop stressing about work after i got home.
  • i’m grateful i got to play board games today, even if it was only with myself ^^
2 Likes
  • i’m grateful we had so much fun tonight.
  • i’m grateful that tomorrow is a holiday.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful that i suggested to walk all the way home tonight. one and a half hours, but it didn’t rain and wasn’t freezing, and it has the added bonus of almost already fully completing my steps goal only a few hours after midnight :)
2 Likes
  1. read two great new blog posts from Adam Mastroianni and Nicky Case, two of my absolute favourite online writers! Former’s was on goodharts law and quite Beeminder relevant.
  2. started watching Atlanta with my girlfriend which I’ve been wanting to watch for a while, wasn’t sure she’d be into it but thankfully she’s liked it too!
  3. two Argentinian locals complimented me on my Spanish :grin:
3 Likes
  1. Home with the bunnies.
  2. I got plenty of Welsh postcards so when Postcrossers are interested in touristy cards, I can share some of my favourite places. (Like Castell Coch and Caerphilly Castle!)
  3. We serendipitously found a cheese stall selling some local cheese we remember very fondly from when I lived in Wales. We’re going to eat some of it this evening!
2 Likes
  • i’m grateful that my beeminder journal reminded me of how useful beeminder is. :purple_heart:
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful that i finished my new journal post today, in less hours than it took me to write my previous posts there, a trend which i hope to continue in the future XD
  • i’m grateful that today was chill.
2 Likes
  1. The Green Thunder cheese was very good, and we have enough left to make flatbread pizza with it too.
  2. Lisa can give me a lift to the hospital for my scan.
  3. I won’t be working all day tomorrow.
2 Likes
  1. SGQ: I’m using my work-notebook and it’s working at keeping me productive!
  2. Cold weather!!
  3. One of my online communities is having a little cooking challenge and it’s been so fun and cute seeing people post their attempts!
4 Likes
  • i’m grateful someone at work recognised a small mistake and corrected it, so i didn’t have to ask for it to be fixed.
  • i’m gratefl i didn’t hurt myself too badly today. somehow, i managed to fall down while i was simply walking down the street (:
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i’ll be in bed very early today. i really need the sleep.
2 Likes
  • SGQ: did an important task that I was putting of since 5 months
  • I’m eating good food
  • The wild cat say hi everyday, nowadays
3 Likes
  • i’m grateful i already decided to stay home tomorrow. means i can sleep in :)
  • i’m grateful i don’t feel feverish. fingers crossed that won’t change!
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i bought myself breakfast today.
2 Likes
  1. My scan seemed to show everything will be okay.
  2. Lisa got me stem ginger cookies to keep my spirits up.
  3. I’m working in the mornings on weekends at the moment, but it hasn’t been too bad. It’s so easy to do someone else’s job, somehow! :laughing:
2 Likes
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i ate fruits and veggies today.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i’ll get to bed early tonight.
  • i’m grateful i don’t have to leave the house tomorrow.
1 Like
  1. Saganaki cheese.
  2. Sun-dried tomatoes.
  3. Electricians have finished upgrading the wiring throughout the house.
2 Likes

What does SGQ stand for?

2 Likes

it stands for self-gratitude-quota :)

• i’m grateful i fell asleep for a second time this morning.
  • i’m grateful that my flatmate made me tea.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i didn’t wait until the evening to tell my boss that i’m too sick to come to work tomorrow.
3 Likes

I checked out a area off trail down by a creek today. Been eyeing it up for years. Easy to get down, challenging to get back out. Mini-adventure before returning to work tomorrow.

5 Likes
  1. Some fudge that I bought wasn’t very nice but when it’s eaten cold from the fridge it’s much better.
  2. I have a new Rubik’s cube that has such smooth motion, it’s a delight to use.
  3. SGQ: Ages back, I made flashcards of some of the harder Rubik’s cube algorithms, and they’ve been very useful for picking up the skills again.
3 Likes
  1. This morning’s work went by quite quickly.
  2. Plans set to meet up with our FFXIV friend during our long weekend getaway.
  3. My childhood bestie’s art career is going really well. She’s rebranding soon to something more “serious”… but you can take a look at her work over on her original website for now if you’re curious. She has a couple of originals for sale (which are underpriced), and a bunch of prints. I’m tempted! Her artwork is really interesting, she uses layers of paper, sometimes really tiny strips of it, to create very complex textured effects. (NB: if anyone is interested enough to buy something, the shop doesn’t currently support international shipping, unless she changed that recently, but a quick email to her can sort things out… Ssh, I can’t help trying to support her wherever I can, I want her to succeed!)
3 Likes
  • i’m grateful a thing i dropped today was made out of plastic, and not metal. didn’t break, didn’t make a loud sound—wonderful.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i decided not to let any goals derail tonight. i do have two new ones which would have been at 0$, but i ended up making the smart decision and not let laziness oertake me :)
  • i’m gratefl i watched a movie with my flatmate together. it’s been months since we last watched a movie from our list together. it felt good to get back into it!
2 Likes