Gratitude journaling together

• self-gratitude: i’m grateful i went on a walk tonight, making sure i wouldn’t derail on my steps goal.
  • i’m grateful i don’t really have any big plans for tomorrow.
  • i’m grateful i only have the simpler homework left to do until next weekend.

Hi; hope latecomers are ok!

1. My country’s stable economic situation - I’m in Argentina right now and it’s really sad to see such a beautiful country consumed by their horrible exchange rate and inflation issues. Definitely have been taking my cushy conditions at home for granted…
  2. My girlfriend cooked dinner for me tonight and it was delicious and we’re in an awesome mood! Super happy because we’ve been up and down a little lately
  3. Beeminder exists!
4 Likes
  • i’m grateful i was able to catch up a lot on sleep last night.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i started taking gratitude notes throughout the day again. otherwise how would i be supposed to remember now, in the middle of the night, that i had been able to catch up on sleep last night, more than twelve hours ago?? not a chance XD
  • i’m grateful my flatmate and i finally got to play a boardgame today.
1 Like
  1. Lisa went out to get us breakfast and bring it back to the hotel room. There’s a Tim Horton’s in Cardiff so we gave some of their breakfast options a try!
  2. Saw my aunt last night for a bit.
  3. Will finally get to see (in person) the memorial bench set up in my grandfather’s name in the park he used to take me to.
3 Likes
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i dealt with all* of my beemos before going out today. (*all but the one, my steps goal, which i knew i’d easily meet by the time i’d be back home.)
  • i’m grateful i remembered to stop by someplace on my way home today.
  • i’m grateful that we had a lot of laughs today.
  1. Grandad’s bench is lovely, and somebody had left a free book (wrapped in plastic with a note) for anyone to take. (I didn’t; I’ve read it.)
  2. Lisa helped me figure out where my other grandparents’ grave is (I’ve only been there three times before) and I left some chrysanthemums there, and cleaned up some icky plastic people had left blowing in the wind that’d got caught in the plants on it.
  3. We’re all set to depart Cardiff on time. Hopefully our drive home will be less terrible than the drive here.
3 Likes
  1. @malakaiy I’m grateful you’ve joined us!
  2. I made some new friends.
  3. SGQ: I did a thing at work that’s small but is an improvement to how our team does a regular task.
4 Likes
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i didn’t forget to make a hairdresser appointment today.
  • i’m grateful i was able to stop stressing about work after i got home.
  • i’m grateful i got to play board games today, even if it was only with myself ^^
2 Likes
  • i’m grateful we had so much fun tonight.
  • i’m grateful that tomorrow is a holiday.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful that i suggested to walk all the way home tonight. one and a half hours, but it didn’t rain and wasn’t freezing, and it has the added bonus of almost already fully completing my steps goal only a few hours after midnight :)
2 Likes
  1. read two great new blog posts from Adam Mastroianni and Nicky Case, two of my absolute favourite online writers! Former’s was on goodharts law and quite Beeminder relevant.
  2. started watching Atlanta with my girlfriend which I’ve been wanting to watch for a while, wasn’t sure she’d be into it but thankfully she’s liked it too!
  3. two Argentinian locals complimented me on my Spanish :grin:
3 Likes
  1. Home with the bunnies.
  2. I got plenty of Welsh postcards so when Postcrossers are interested in touristy cards, I can share some of my favourite places. (Like Castell Coch and Caerphilly Castle!)
  3. We serendipitously found a cheese stall selling some local cheese we remember very fondly from when I lived in Wales. We’re going to eat some of it this evening!
2 Likes
  • i’m grateful that my beeminder journal reminded me of how useful beeminder is. :purple_heart:
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful that i finished my new journal post today, in less hours than it took me to write my previous posts there, a trend which i hope to continue in the future XD
  • i’m grateful that today was chill.
2 Likes
  1. The Green Thunder cheese was very good, and we have enough left to make flatbread pizza with it too.
  2. Lisa can give me a lift to the hospital for my scan.
  3. I won’t be working all day tomorrow.
2 Likes
  1. SGQ: I’m using my work-notebook and it’s working at keeping me productive!
  2. Cold weather!!
  3. One of my online communities is having a little cooking challenge and it’s been so fun and cute seeing people post their attempts!
4 Likes
  • i’m grateful someone at work recognised a small mistake and corrected it, so i didn’t have to ask for it to be fixed.
  • i’m gratefl i didn’t hurt myself too badly today. somehow, i managed to fall down while i was simply walking down the street (:
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i’ll be in bed very early today. i really need the sleep.
2 Likes
  • SGQ: did an important task that I was putting of since 5 months
  • I’m eating good food
  • The wild cat say hi everyday, nowadays
3 Likes
  • i’m grateful i already decided to stay home tomorrow. means i can sleep in :)
  • i’m grateful i don’t feel feverish. fingers crossed that won’t change!
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i bought myself breakfast today.
2 Likes
  1. My scan seemed to show everything will be okay.
  2. Lisa got me stem ginger cookies to keep my spirits up.
  3. I’m working in the mornings on weekends at the moment, but it hasn’t been too bad. It’s so easy to do someone else’s job, somehow! :laughing:
2 Likes
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i ate fruits and veggies today.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i’ll get to bed early tonight.
  • i’m grateful i don’t have to leave the house tomorrow.
1 Like
  1. Saganaki cheese.
  2. Sun-dried tomatoes.
  3. Electricians have finished upgrading the wiring throughout the house.
2 Likes