Gratitude journaling together

1. That Nicky was able to sleep pretty well despite everything!
  2. All players confirmed for D&D tomorrow!
  3. 53F/12C here in Virginia Beach, so pretty nice for January!
4 Likes
  1. Had a bit of a lie-in.
  2. Another surprise gift. :exploding_head: I feel so loved.
  3. My FFXIV group have plans to hang out today. Looks like it won’t be the usual crowd (no Thaumiel, no Siny), but it should still be nice to spend a bit of time with them.
5 Likes
  1. A morning of heavy rain, then an afternoon of sunshine
  2. Sore back improved through the day
  3. We found a way to cope with the extra 4 weeks of delay that our new house builder just dropped on us
5 Likes
  1. First D&D session of the campaign went pretty smoothly despite things coming together last minute!
  2. Solved one more bug and am getting a little bit closer
  3. Have plenty of time tonight to review the 5e core rulebooks since my focus goals have buffer!
5 Likes
  1. I have a family late-Christmas party today.
  2. All the presents I’ve wrapped look so pretty together.
  3. I have more free space in the house now.
4 Likes
  1. I won a prize in a random draw! It’s a book. :laughing:
  2. My discovery of this series of books and essays: Object Lessons. I want all of them! (And also gratitude to the person who got me my first one, about bookshelves!)
  3. Pretty consistently in the mood to read over the last week or two, which is nice.
5 Likes
  1. Got cats to cattery with amazingly little drama for the long car ride
  2. Talked to my older sib - good catchup
  3. Nice drive back over the Pennines
4 Likes
  1. The delayed family Christmas party yesterday was a lot of fun.
  2. Everyone liked the presents I gave them and I was told that I was a good present finder.
  3. My aunt said “I think I just peed in the corn” when she dropped a pea into it. XD
4 Likes
  1. One of my best friends from university went to check out the memorial bench my family had installed for my grandad. She took photos for me; I posted a gorgeous one on Mastodon.
  2. Allowing myself flexibility. I was going to be really hardcore and not let myself move any tasks on Marvin, but really, what good does that do? So, I’m grateful I noticed myself cruising straight at burnout.
  3. I thought to move the thermostat to my office before going in there, so it realised it was really cold in there and started heating it before I need to go in there.
5 Likes
  1. Boss coming up with a plan to enhance our collaboration
  2. Micro-habit goals worked today. I actually worked! And I also worked on a side-project. At the end of the day, I feel like I built stuff instead of spending my time fixing it.
  3. Things generally going pretty well
5 Likes
  1. A meeting time had changed and I’d forgotten to update my offline calendar but I remembered the change.
  2. A different meeting was cancelled.
  3. A leak in a fish tank has become large enough that I can actually find and fix it now.
5 Likes
  1. My brother liked the group coaching yesterday
  2. Was able to get groceries today, and it turned out less expensive than expected
  3. My brother is enthusiastic about working together to figure out the household food situation
5 Likes
  1. Biscuit wasn’t eating last night, seemed to have a painful tummy, but she’s back to eating normally today.
  2. I managed to get more of the thermal long-sleeved shirts I like for quite cheap. (I wear them under a t-shirt.)
  3. I am staying on track with my agenda plan today (even a little ahead).
2 Likes
  1. I didn’t derail on any goals last night, even though I was pretty sure I was going to derail on at least one.
  2. Although I still don’t know why this fixed things, I fixed WiFi connection problems by changing from WPA2 only to WPA/WPA2.
  3. I no longer feel creeping doubt about having a separate paper notebook for each different goal or project, and I feel like the benefits are finally showing
  4. Sense of acceptance about the case where I end up downregulating progress on certain goals this year to focus on most important ones
3 Likes
  1. My manager noticed that I made an obscure error in my timesheet that was not in my favour and told me about it.
  2. I’m dog sitting again and the dog was pleased to see me.
  3. The Lord Peter Wimsey videos on youtube and shanaqui for telling me about them.
4 Likes

so i’ve been enjoying reading these for about a week and a half, and i’m feeling a particular kind of melancholy-ish right now, so i thought maybe joining in for one day might cheer me up for half a minute. (i didn’t plan to make this a goal, but i might end up just doing that.)

1. i’m grateful i managed to walk over 10 000 steps today.
  2. i’m grateful that the thing i need to pick up tomorrow for work, before going into work, is already done. this is especially amazing since i forgot / didn’t really have time to check in on that work e-mail-adress today, and worst case scenario in my head would have been that they still waited for my approval and hadn’t actually started doing the thing i can now go pick up tomorrow. (i don’t know why i’m being so vague. it’s a copyshop. i must go collect flyer-ish things. no state secrets. XD)
  3. probably obligatory for a first post here (;P), but i’m grateful for this thread. it’s great getting a glimpse into other people’s lives, especially when positive things happen. it’s great to see that little things can have a big impact. it’s great to see that sometimes problems disappear on their own. it’s great to read of the different big and little things others appreciate in their lives.
4 Likes

Ooh, Edward Petherbridge, or Ian Carmichael?
(I think you could put those two men in a blender, add a touch of acrobat, and then get the perfect Lord Peter.)

3 Likes
  1. I managed to do quite a bit of reading yesterday.
  2. Yesterday was patch day, and there’s new content on FFXIV!
  3. Thaumiel went with me and Lisa on our first trip to the new FFXIV raid, as someone with the power to resurrect us if we died, and kindly refrained from explaining things to us even as we died and died and died and died. :laughing: Such patience, but we’ve been learning!
4 Likes
  1. completed successfully in our house sale
  2. Staying tonight in an exquisite hotel in North Yorkshire
  3. The people here are just so lovely
3 Likes

(i still don’t plan to make this a goal, for various reasons, but i do plan to try to keep up with it daily for the time being, because it’s a truly lovely habit, and sharing it only makes it better! also, today has been great! i found two gratitudes that were so immense i thought of them in the middle of the day already! what’s that about! :D—normally, at the end of the day, i think back on the whole day, and usually i find three things that happened that day, big or small. but today is the first time (as far as i can remember) that i already had two of three gratitudes mentally checked off before i got home from work! absolutely wild!)

1. i’m so grateful for my flatmate/best friend. he’s a wonderful person, and he spontaneously gave me much-needed advice today (that i asked for)!
  2. i’m super grateful that i listened to that advice today, because in the end, it worked out great, which was very contrary to my fears! (this was all regarding a conversation at work, which i don’t want to get into the context of now, because this message is already too long XD)
  3. i’m grateful i ended up enjoying the ending of “alice in borderland” (the netflix series, not the manga; i’m not really a manga or book person currently, unfortunately).
  4. i’m grateful for the great dinner we had tonight.
  5. i’m grateful i’ll be in bed before 1 a.m.
  6. i’m super grateful i got to go home from work today much, much earlier than i had expected!

(so this is double my normal amount of gratitudes XD which inevitably means that sometime soon-ish i’ll probably have nothing to share here, but such is life!
7. i’m grateful that i have so much to share here today. XD)

4 Likes