Help me understand x times / week goals

Hi,

I’ve just singed up yesterday and set up some goals.

One of them is a do-more with a setting of “5” “times” “weekly” (https://www.beeminder.com/ulope/walk-more).

Now there are a few things I don’t understand. Hopefully some of you more experienced users can help me understand if I’m doing something wrong:

• Why is there a starting datapoint of “3” automatically inserted?
  • Why am I already close to derailment? I started yesterday (Monday) with a weekly goal of 5 so to my understanding I should be fine until Wed. even if I don’t do any walking, yet today I’m told that I need to do 1.43 walks today (which doesn’t make any sense in itself).

Maybe I’m using the wrong type of goal. What I’m trying to do is the following:

• Be “forced” to go for a walk on any 5 days in a week.
  • Only one walk per day

Is this possible?
Thanks!

Something is definitely strange here. Not only did you start with a datapoint of 3 (it should start at 0), you are more than 1 unit below the road which should not be possible given a rate of 5/week.

Do more is the right type of goal, and should do exactly what you want, but something has gone wrong with the goal creation. You should email support@beeminder.com and they will be happy to straighten things out for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I think I’ve figured it out. In a fit of overeagerness I set the initial “days until derailment” to 0 which seems to have caused the weird situation. I’ve now deleted the goal and created a new one and that seems to work ok.

2 Likes