How do you choose between 5/week and 7/week with weekends off?

Say you have a daily task and you want to give yourself a break on the weekends. You could set the rate to 5/day, or you could enable “weekends off.” How do you decide?

What’s the technical difference? What are the advantages or disadvantages of each?

2 Likes

With weekends off, your road goes flat on the weekend, so you don’t derail. With 5/week (without weekends off) it’s still possible to derail on a weekend, since your rate is basically set to .714/day, and you’ll derail if you go under.

To me, “weekends off” pretty much says “I don’t want to even think about this goal during the weekend” and “5/week” says “if I only did it four times during the week, make me do it on Saturday”.

I use 5/week for a gym goal (since I’m ok with going on Saturday), and weekends off for any work-related goal, for example, waking up in time for work.

5 Likes

I think ultimately it depends on how well you work with accumulating a safety buffer.
Some goals I have an easy time building up safety buffer, others I don’t. Especially for the latter I really appreciate weekends off because I know I won’t build up the required buffer to be able to relax on the weekend.

3 Likes