how to automatically keep track of a daily journal

Hi, I am new to Beeminder.

I want to form a habit of a daily journal, and I am trying to figure out the best way to automatically keep track of it.

Currently, I use Bear for my journaling with a template that is auto-generated using Keyboard Maestro.

So I want to be able to:

• create a daily journal template automatically every day
  • keep track of my progress automatically

Is this possible? I can see that Draft, IFTTT, and Gmail are integrated with Beeminder. Perhaps I can use a combination of them?

How do you guys track? Any good ideas?

Thanks!

1 Like

I beemind journaled words manually.

If you’re willing to journal using GitHub, Beeminder can pull in the number of commits you make. And if you’re willing to get your hands dirty with GitHub actions, there is probably a way to beemind your journal in other ways, too.

I personally journal using gitbook, which makes writing in GitHub a much more pleasant experience.

If you’re looking to beemind the total number of words in your journal and you don’t mind creating a public url for it, you could, say, create a public but unlisted google doc and then beemind it using the urlminder integration.

2 Likes

I definitely am happy to use GitHub for this. This sounds amazing. I will try to set this up later. Thanks!

1 Like

Sure! Happy to answer any questions the best I can once you get into it, too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Potentially relevant links:

2 Likes