I am relapsing into the post-it stage

And again, German has a word for it: Zettelwirtschaft. Not sure how to faithfully translate this, but it’s essentially managing information in the form of many paper documents or notes

In this instance I am trying this fairly low tech approach of visualising the remaining work on a goal for that day.

4 Likes

What are these stuck to? Recently I tried using post-its to think through something, but they wouldn’t reliably stick to my wall. :frowning:

1 Like

That’s my flat door. But I do also have a lot on my wall. They stick just fine.

1 Like

Huh, maybe I need to get some better quality post-its. :smiley:

1 Like

FWIW mine are apparently the “original” Post-its.

1 Like

they now sell ‘super-strength’ post-it notes in shops / on amazon etc

2 Likes

Marbles also work. Having a dish of marbles (or those glass beads you can get at a dollar store, or dice… or anything, really) in one dish or jar and moving them to the other every time you do a slice of work is a nice way to keep track, too. @dreev has a bracelet that has beads on it that he can slide from one side to another to keep track of things.

I used to have a way overcomplicated set-up that would approximate how much time a goal would need given the units left to do and put an appropriately-sized event into a dedicated calendar. Don’t do that. (Also, I’ll post about it when I inevitably do it again so that if you want to, you can do that.)

3 Likes

But… as you can see, I’m predisposed to like any method that requires the use of Post-Its:

6 Likes

I think I may have tried doing this with LEGO’s once or twice… Never seemed to stick, though. Might have to try it again. :thinking:

1 Like

Marbles, hu! That reminds me: I have thought of making something that would send a marble down a track every time I completed a goal, or some slice of a goal. Because physical feedback is :heart:

I blame Martin:

1 Like

I also find 3D feedback helpful. I should really have my hue lights set up so that they flash blue when I give myself some extra buffer on a goal and red when my goals zeno or something again.

2 Likes

What timing!

I’m working on a tool just for myself – https://stickyposts.netlify.com/

2 Likes

That’s so cool!

I recently discovered another web app that simulates sticky notes: Whimsical

1 Like

Atomic Habits talks about a salesman that would have 120 paperclips in a cup and for each sales call he made, he’d take one paperclip and put it into another cup. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the nudge, guys. :grin:

Peel them sideways. Not vertically.

1 Like

I made a thing:

photo5240069803354467613

It’s a box to put post-its in!

I meant to make something different but ran out of wood, so I made this instead :sweat_smile:
It needs more sanding to get rid of the burn marks and then I’ll slab some vegetable oil on and then it might even look nice.

5 Likes