I derailed on my magick goal last night again. I wanted to try to do a magickal ritual every day but I’ve been procrastinating on this particular goal a lot lately and have been stung a few times.
It’s a $5 pledge, so I can’t just accept losing $5 every time I don’t do it - that’ll be like $100 a month - but $5 each day is not enough to motivate me when I have my $810 goal that I’m very focused on getting done by midnight.
And when I finish working by midnight, I need a little break, and then it starts getting late and I’m tired and I never do the magickal ritual.
I could use some help on this. Brainstorming some thoughts:
- maybe I need to stagger the deadlines so they’re not at the same time
- maybe I need to lower the rate if this is something I don’t actually wanna do every day
- maybe I need to lower the pledge if I’m gonna derail a lot
- maybe I need to raise the pledge so it motivates me more!
- maybe I need to streamline the task so I procrastinate on it less, or figure out what about it is making me procrastinate