I was inspired by this article to try using some casual accountability to help me stay focused at work. Here’s the modified technique I’ll be using:
- Post in this thread stating what I’m going to work on / try to accomplish.
- Include a time (preferably an hour or less from now) when I’ll post back to say how things went.
- Post back and say how things went, what I actually accomplished, if I took a break instead, etc.
- Repeat as desired.
Please feel free to join in and post your own updates! And if you’re reacting to someone else’s updates, make sure to keep things encouraging.
First update: For the next ~30 minutes, I’m hoping to achieve the following:
- Process all email in my inbox for my primary job.
- Process all email in my TaskRatchet inbox.
- Figure out how to whitelist this thread in Focus.
- Submit all requested GitHub pull request reviews.
I’ll try to post back here around 11:15am PDT to say how I did!