There’s so much information about Beeminder, but I’ve found it can be challenging to know where to look.
Is anyone else interested in starting a Beeminder wiki?
I brought this idea up with @dreev once. He expressed mild skepticism, seeing a hard-to-overcome diffusion of responsibility problem. But also said “we’d totally link to anything halfway decent.” So I’m starting this thread to see if there are others out there who could see themselves contributing, or if this may be a lost cause.
Some topics that seem useful to cover:
- Beeminder Use Cases. Deeper coverage around common use cases like fitness, productivity, diet, business goals. Popular goals like mustdo, weight, language learning (duolingo, anki), TagTime, writing, bites of food. Explanations about some of the best “featured” goals. Each use-case could get its own dedicated page, exploring different approaches about what to track.
- A Beeminder Getting Started Guide.
- Manual pages for individual features. How the feature works. Link to blog posts announcing it. Recording the feature’s history?
- Shared place for Akratics Anonymous to compile strategies such as dealing with Beeminder Burnout
- Common support questions and their go-to answers.
All with more depth and community-participation than http://blog.beeminder.com/glossary/ can provide. Giving layusers a semi-structured place to contribute back and help make Beeminder even more awesome.