Linking Scrivener

Are there any plans to link Scrivener to Beeminder? If not, is there any workaround, because I really the software. I’ve been using Draft with great success, but the organisational tools of Scrivener are really handy.

3 Likes

You could store your scrivener on dropbox and when your done working backup to dropbox. Then you make a zap that will update your goal everytime that file is updated.

2 Likes

I’ve been using the twitter notification widget inside of Scrivener. Project | Show Project Targets | and click the little blue twitter bird. That tweet should populate with # of words as the first word (as configured in the project utility). I select all extraneous info and put a project tag into the tweet. So the tweet looks something like this

300 #Novel

Then IFTTT picks up the tweet.

It doesn’t run immediately, but it works. I’ve been looking for a way to automate it more but Scrivener doesn’t make it easy to get the word count out in a scriptable way.

5 Likes

If you happen to be using Tinderbox alongside Scrivener, you could have an agent run a command, such as lydgate’s bmndr script, to update a Beeminder goal.

2 Likes

Great idea about twitter. Will try.

I’ve been able to get the added benefit of sharing work with reviewers/editors by syncing my Scrivener project files in Dropbox, so this may be a useful work around for me, but I strongly second the originating Scrivener integration request (specifically around a contributed words written/time frame) as (IMHO) Scrivener is the very best (and most important) writer’s/content creator’s work platform both available in the market and to monitor writing work rate from (it has an extensive built in stat function)!

3 Likes

Thanks! I 'll try this.