Long goalnames and tags

Eh. My long goalnames are mostly book titles. They’re long because putting in the full book title is the most memorable slug for me – anything short, truncated or cutesy won’t be something I remember when I think “hey, when did I read Beneath the World a Sea? Was that the one I stalled on for a week and then read in a day?” and want to go to beeminder.com/shanaqui/beneaththeworldasea to find out. (NB: this is an example, that goal name is fine.) Today I had to name a goal darkmatteranddinos, and I guarantee I won’t remember that when I want to look at my Dark Matter and the Dinosaurs goal. :joy: Ah well.

The tags thing might kinda work for the goals I name “LSHTM_nameofclass”, but since things tagged the same aren’t grouped together in archived goals, maybe not…

But for those for whom your contention is true, I find that @zzq’s browser extension would be the perfect interface for making tags work, if I was using them at the moment. So that’s one option for anyone who does want to make more use of tags!

2 Likes