Tags + Beeminder = <3 - Is anybody else using this?

I’m not sure how many people here use or even know about the possibility to use tags with your beeminder goals. @apb gave a nice explaination of the somewhat hidden feature in another thread:

Hello! Beeta is now deployed. But fear not - there’s a way to backburner goals, though it’s slightly different. We added basic tagging, which should allow for not only backburnering but a lot of other goal organization.

It’s sort of soft-launched (read: hidden) right now, but if you go to beeminder you’ll see a list of your goals. You can add a tag like “backburner” to any goal you like, and then if you append a list of tags to the hash of your dashboard URL - apb – dashboard – beeminder for example - it will only show goals with the tag foo.

If you go to apb – dashboard – beeminder it will show goals with the tag foo OR bar.

If you prepend a ! character it will exclude goals with that tag. For example:

apb – dashboard – beeminder

Actual UI for this is coming soon, but hopefully this will hold you all over in the meantime!

I have started tagging my goals as of today and wanted to share my experience: It’s awesome! One thing that seems to be working especially well is to tag goals with “daily”, “weekly”, “monthly” respectively. In that way I can see beeminder goals which I want to do every day and I can filter those out by appending #!daily or #!daily,weekly to filter out goals that are somewhat less important or short term, etc.

I have used this in combination with a beeminder folder in my bookmarks bar to quickly access those “specialized to do lists”.

Do you use this feature at all? Any tricks or ideas as regards to using it?

10 Likes