Martin's Beeminder "Tagebuch" (journal)

General

Learning Finnish

Current goals:

I have marked the mondly goal to be archived. I have made the decision to leave everything else as it is and will revisit this next month. Memrise has decided to develop an app for their new decks service.

Keep a Daily Rhythm

Current goals:

showers

Key data:

• Go to shower 35 minutes before sleep
  • Deadline is set to 00:25 am
  • Weekends Off

New goal! This goal is meant to give me enough time in bed to wind down and look at my phone for a little bit before actually going to sleep. Going to the shower before bed is the last thing I need to do each day. I have found that I at least need about half an hour to wind down, for me to be in a relaxed state before I go to sleep for real, so I go to shower (and brush my teeth, etc.) at least 35 minutes before sleep.

Stay in Contact With Family

Current goals:

All goals now automatically trim their safety buffer to 30 days.

Reading, Writing, Consuming Media

Current goals:

lesen

Changes:

• automatically trim safety buffer after 7 days

As I wrote last time, I looked into @mary’s MCM-Dashboard, but sadly I couldn’t get it to work well enough to do the dialing of my road automatically.

Still not enough reading time. So I put in an auto trim after a week.

bmndrjrnl

Through the weeks I kinda always wish I would write a weekly journal, but when it’s finally the day, I’m super stressed and also I have no recollection of what has happened.

lesspods

Changes:

• Weekends Off (allow 7 episodes extra)

Logging how much podcasts I listen to alone has given this some perspective. But giving me 12 podcasts on the weekend just meant I had an amazing amount of extra buffer left. So I shrunk this to 5 + 2. Let’s see if this’ll make a difference.

General Productivity

Current goals:

I have renamed a bunch of goals and archived three (daily reviews, of3inbox, findthefrog). Since I’m using taskwarrior now, I have a ToDo-List with a built-in urgency algorithm. My integration tracks the completion of the most urgent goals and adds a point for each completed most urgent task to the frog goal. This still needs some fiddling (since I’m now doing more than one frog on some days) and using a different task manager also means some different habits. There is no inbox, so no need for that goal, finding a frog is as easy as looking at my ToDo-list (in theory at least) and a daily review is not as needed in a single list system like this.

I also derailed on the findthefrog goal, because I was held captive in a meeting for way longer than I thought.

Weight Related

Current goals:

I hate the mfp goal, but I think it helps immensely, so it’ll stay. The new scale is great, though. I non-legitly derailed two times because I weighed myself, but didn’t put it in the wiegen goal.

2 Likes