Martin's Beeminder "Tagebuch" (journal)

General

• I have started to organize not only my notes, but also my projects according to a growing tree structure, which I’m trying to keep in sync through different apps and services. I may rename a lot of goals according to this new scheme soon.
  • Briefly I had a goal called lynda which would’ve tracked if I spent 5 hours every week on learning through the website, but I have decided that I’m not ready to commit to that.
  • I also bought a lifetime subscription to freedom.to which I haven’t really used that much recently but I plan to do so.

Learning Finnish

Current goals:

I have not had an eep days in ages, so I have decided to double my commitment on both goals (clozemaster 56 → 112; memrise 1500 → 3000). Doubling the amount might be too much in the long run, but I would like to feel at least some heat here.

Keep a Daily Rhythm

Current goals:

Sometimes external stressors can be useful. The neighboring apartment is being renovated right now and the workers start relatively early every day, which meant waking up to drilling noises. This has made me shift my daily rhythm one hour earlier, something I had considered in the past, but couldn’t bring myself to commit to. But I have now changed the deadlines of all these goals to be one hour earlier (wakeupontime 8:29 am → 7:29 am; sleepontime 0:59 am → 11:59 pm; leaveontime 9:50 am → 8:50 am; showers 0:25 am → 11:25 pm). I also changed all goals to start sending notifications an hour before the deadline.

I also non legitimately derailed on sleepontime, since I fell asleep before I could enter a point but woke up after the deadline had passed.

Stay in Contact With Family

Current goals:

No changes.

Reading, Writing, Consuming Media

Current goals:

Since I have reduced the buffer on lesspods I have derailed already once. I’m still of the opinion that derailing might not always not be failing, but in this case it was valuable to notice that actually upping other goals gets the job done better. I have upped the doless goal lesspods to allow for two podcast episodes every day.

I’m reading more so the lesen goal finally makes a difference! :partying_face:

General Productivity

Current goals:

I have upped the frog goal a little (1 → 2) since I have noticed the same problem as @Narthur did: Taskwarrior emphasizes (over)due tasks in their urgency algorithm a lot.

Weight Related

Current goals:

No changes.

2 Likes