Real-life Assistant?

Hi all!

I used Beeminder extensively a few years ago, until I eventually suffered from goal burnout.

It did work for me for very simplistic goals like weight but not for what I have realized is what I really need: Some kind of personal project manager. I’m actuall quite good at working focused if a concrete goal is set and I have to live up to social expectations. Monetary, not so much.

Beeminder used to have this personal assistant-level as their highest tier, as far as I remember. But it looks like it’s not available any more. And it was a bit more than I can afford anyway.

So does anybody know of any service where you can have some kind of project manger for for instance one Skype/IM meeting pr. week?

Or maybe a website where you set goals with other people and keep each other accountable? That might work as well.

I’ve tried a lot of different productivity systems the last 10 years and I feel like I have not really gotten anywhere substantial. And I’m tired of having a lot of ideas and skills as not being able to finish most of my projects.

4 Likes

Ah, yes, the erstwhile Beekeeper program.
You could also try coach.me (which originally launched as lift.do and which we blogged about at the time: blog.beeminder.com/lift).

Or just pairing up with an accountabilibuddy… @malcolm is especially good at arranging such things, or hang out in one of the Complice co-working rooms: complice.co/rooms

1 Like

Hey @brusk

You can skype with me every x weeks? (I prefer every 2 weeks, as this is usually enough to get off track and just enough to feel the expectation)

If the money is not a big motivator, you can pay a fee per skype meeting. I listen, you talk. 10 - 15 minutes, more if needed is okay.

Let me know what you think.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, this is exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for :slight_smile: !

I’ll send you a pm, @bcool.

1 Like

Is there a way to automate coach.me entries to beeminder? I love beeminder, but have been noticing that positive reinforcement sometimes motivates me when the stick fails.

1 Like

Coach.me integration would be pretty awesome! Mind suggesting that to them? They might also have ideas for doing that via IFTTT or something…

1 Like

positive reinforcement, damn i almost forgot this existed.

4 Likes

I automate Coach with Beeminder by combining it with IFTTT and gmail. Coach sends you a summary email daily. I use it to trigger keywords from my coach goals. They go to my coach beeminder goal. I use it as motivation to complete certain goals by a cutoff time. I have it set so my daily email of goal completions is sent at 1pm so I have to get them checked off by then. I’ll admit its work setting up in the beginning depending on how many goals you have. It’s been quite helpful though. I havent been doing it long. I would also be interested in a simpler set up if one comes along.

5 Likes

Awesome! Looking in to what I need to set up!