Request: archive immediately on a complete goal

Right now I have a completed goal that is in the process of being archived - but since it is a completed goal I can’t do anything with it (including moving it to the backburner) and it just sits there at the top of the list of goals.

As somebody who is used to glancing at the top of my goals to see what I must do, this is really annoying.

Can you make it so that completed goals can be archived right away?

5 Likes

Frontburner/backburner isn’t affected by the goal being complete or not. In your website goal gallery, if you hover over a thumbnail graph, a little + or should appear in the top right corner. Clicking that once should move it to the other ‘burner’.

Leastwise it still works for me on finished goals. If it doesn’t for you, we’ve got a bug!

I’m sure that @tomjen knows the mechanism, my deliberate verbosity is in hope of aiding of future searchers…

2 Likes

FWIW this is the same feature request as http://beeminder.uservoice.com/forums/3011-general/suggestions/3938036-allow-instant-archiving-of-successfully-completed

2 Likes

+1 Usually I wouldn’t necro a thread, but it seems bugging you guys works if we want to see something changed!

4 Likes

Yes indeed! Tagging this as a #XUVI idea.

1 Like

In the past, completed goals could be archived immediately. I wonder why the bee folks changed that.

1 Like

If it’s not working any more, that’s an accidental breakage.

Re-tagging as #UVI

1 Like

Sorry to revive this thread after so many years, but I think I’m having the same / a similar issue? My goal beecture – enbee – beeminder has been completed as of today, but it’s still an active goal.
This might be a special case because it’s so new I could still immediately delete it if I wanted? (Which I don’t want!) (Also go me for doing the thing so quickly! :)

1 Like

It will be able to archive immediately once it’s reached both the end-total and the implied end date!

I often edit my goals using the graph editor (I use the non-visual one for speed, but the visual one works too) to change the end date to the current day and end my goals sooner, though that’s annoying and fiddly if the current implied end date is within the akrasia horizon, because at the moment it always protests that that’s making the goal easier. (I have to add a flat spot that ends outside the akrasia horizon to trick it.)

2 Likes

thank you for the info! very helpful, i’ll try out one of those things next time i have a non-never-eding-task. (either setting both the total and the date, and letting beeminder figure out the rate from the beginning; or using the graph editor. honestly it’s proably gonna be the latter, because i don’t think i’m forward-thinking enough to know the end date of my goals XD at least i wouldn’t have with this one, but it obviously depends on the task a bit as well.)