RescueTime Productivity Pulse?

Is this part of the RT API? I already have hour-based goals from RescuTime, but i’d like to also track the Productivity Pulse during weekdays, as a way to monitor focus on work vs distracting uses.

I could monitor distracting time in hours, but i think a ratio metric would provide more insight. On a long 12-hour day, even 2 hours of distractions is fine, on a regular 8-hour day, it’s not…

2 Likes

I seem to recall some discussion about beeminding a ratio by adding both positive and negative datapoints, and setting a slope related to the desired ratio.

A quick search uncovered an old thread on ratiominding started by @dreev on the old akratics list.

You may be able to use the power of IFTTT to enter the negative of a datapoint, either directly or with that callback recipe and a spurious goal that receives the positive data value.

1 Like

I’m missing something. Why would I have negative points?

The productivity pulse is 0-100 number. Ideally, the number would be auto-entered via the API or some other way. The beeminder goal would be to keep the average pulse over a certain threshold (e.g. it should handle relaxing on weekends)

1 Like

Because negative points are part of the method described in that akratics thread on ratiominding

Maybe I should’ve quoted it. There’s loads of replies there, but here’s how it begins:

2 Likes

So this is what I did

2 Likes