I saw this UVI
When signing up, we were telling you your email address was invalid and not letting you hit submit if you had any space after your email addres. Silly! #bugfix
and it made me think of a problem I have every time I try to create a new goal on an iOS device…
- Goals can’t have spaces in their names (fair enough) so I create the goal and call it “smushedtogetherwords” or somesuch.
- iOS spots my missing spaces (or spots the lack of them at least) and tries to ‘correct’ it to “smushed together words”.
- I hit the button to say that I really do mean “smushedtogetherwords”, and iOS adds a space to the end to move onto the next word
- Beeminder complains that I can’t put spaces in goalnames
- I delete the final space and submit and all is well
It’s not a major problem, just an annoying little dance that I’ve done numerous times lately as I’ve been taking a leaf out of @shanaqui’s book (ho ho) and making a goal for each book I’m reading in an attempt to finish things in a reasonable time (which is being really successful, yay!) and if there’s a way to avoid that annoying little dance I’d appreciate it!