Tasker Cooldown for Tracking Walks?

I’m trying to use Tasker to automatically post a datapoint to a goal when I go for a walk. I’ve set it up to do so when it sees a wifi network a little ways from my apartment. Problem is, it sees that network both going and coming, so two data points end up being added.

I could find a network at the end of my walk and do that, of course, but I don’t want to do that because I want to give myself the freedom to take shorter walks sometimes.

Does anyone know how I could set up a task or context so that it only activates if the task hasn’t run within the past hour?

I tried using the timeout option on the task edit screen, but it turns out that this option is only a delay for waiting for the plugin to run, and doesn’t have any impact on whether or not the task is activated based on previous activations.

1 Like

I think I fixed it using the instructions here:

1 Like

The low-tech solution would be to add a half-point each time. Looks messy, but sums the same.

Neat idea. :smiley:

The Tasker cooldown setting did the trick exactly like I was hoping for, though, so I’m sticking to that for now.

1 Like