Terrible bug in support function!

I’m tempted to send more mails to support now :smiley:

That’s just human error. Not happening for everyone. Stay calm and carry on! :slight_smile:

(If you must know, that’s our commitment device to make sure we choose the right From line for whoever’s working in support. The default is that “yellatme” address, thus incentivizing us not to forget to set it to our own name.)

1 Like

[quote=“dreev, post:2, topic:1941”]
If you must know, that’s our commitment device to make sure we choose the right From line for whoever’s working in support.
[/quote]Sounds like you need a proper ticket system that assigns the “From” field automatically, instead of having your support people spend time clicking on options :wink:

My experience of support ticket systems is that they’re dehumanizing and awful from both sides of the fence, while being only marginally better at stopping things from falling between the cracks.

They also tend to provide a bunch of features that look great from a management perspective but that really require the discipline to not use. A great example of software that is sold rather than bought.

One day, we’ll lose this battle and succumb. By then I hope that there are some truly good options. (If anyone uses an awesome ticketing system, we’d love to hear about it!)

3 Likes

[quote=“philip, post:4, topic:1941”]
My experience of support ticket systems is that they’re dehumanizing and awful from both sides of the fence, while being only marginally better at stopping things from falling between the cracks.
[/quote] Not sure about the dehumanising part. Perhaps it’s about how you implement this and what kind of rules you set for your staff.

[quote=“philip, post:4, topic:1941”]
(If anyone uses an awesome ticketing system, we’d love to hear about it!)
[/quote] Using Jira for the last year, it’s quite good for keeping things in line and not missing issues.
It can work for the most part of e-mail: clients send you emails, you reply back, etc

1 Like