Text labels on graphs

I think there’s a way to get text labels into Beeminder graphs, but I can’t work it out. Specifically I’ve seen, iirc, graphs with labels at particular points in time, with the text written vertically (parallel to the y-axis). I thought it was done using hashtags, but that didn’t seem to work? It’s certainly straightforward to do using the underlying SVG graph-drawing tech, but I don’t know how to get to it!

2 Likes

This feature needs to be opted into on a per-goal basis. In the goal’s settings tab, under “privacy”, check “Show hashtags from comments on the graph”. Then you can write hashtags in the comments of your data points and have them show up on the graph.

3 Likes

Thanks! Curiously, my first attempt didn’t work: I was recording increasing the time for an exercise, so put in #20seconds. That didn’t work. However, #twentyseconds does work. So for some reason, hashtags can’t start with numbers - apparently this is standard behaviour.

2 Likes

I wish all valid slugs were valid hashtags. So #twenty-seconds would be a valid hashtag as well.

2 Likes