track lateness to online meetings

I would like to use Beehive to fine me if I am 3 or more minutes late to a given meeting. To start the meeting, I either launch Zoom via a meeting URL or, in a different scenario, call a given Skype contact. What would be the best way to set up Beehive to automatically track the fulfillment of this kind of criteria (i.e. in these two scenarios). I wasn’t sure which plugin/integration I ought to be using.

Thanks,
Alex

2 Likes

What is Beehive?

I have no idea why I wrote “Beehive”. Sorry - I meant Beeminder, of course.

3 Likes

I believe @dreev has covered this exact topic in an old forum post here: ratiominding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that lead. But the post and the related discussion there still has the user entering the fact of his success manually. I want something that would get automatically triggered when I make that Skype call or go to a Zoom url.

1 Like

Neither IFTTT nor Zapier appear to support anything that would get you close, but Integromat seems like it has a trigger for Zoom that may get you close. I am not too experienced at Integromat, however, and I’m not sure if it’ll do it.

2 Likes

@adamwolf thanks for bringing up integromat, it looks neat! At first glance their free tier looks way more powerful than Zapier.
Wouldn’t this be a good candidate for a “if you want to make your own integration, these are good starting points: Beeminder API, IFTTT, Zapier, integromat, …” list? Or does that exist already and I forgot?

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily want to aim everyone to Integromat until someone writes up an example of using one of their blocks to hit the Beeminder API. There’s also https://github.com/huginn/huginn, which some folks really really like.

3 Likes

There’s this megalist that @matti made, but it looks like it hasn’t been updated in a while, and it doesn’t include integromat or huginn. @matti, are you still updating it?

3 Likes

Thanks so much for suggesting integromat - but I am looking something that’s closer to working out-of-the-box like an existing integration. So let me ask you everyone this, then. What if all I wanted to track is the fact of hitting a particular url (which would just happen to be Zoom url)?

1 Like

Just use Greasemonkey and write a script for that - it would only be a few lines.

Or - you can probably use URLMinder for that.

Is the URL the same each time?

Yes, same each time.

Do you go to it on mobile devices or just “regular computers”?

Just regular.

if someone gives you a script with instructions, would you be able to load a Firefox add-on with the script to whatever computers you use?

1 Like

Yes. If possible, though, I’d prefer this to work on Chrome.

There’s a greasemonkey equivalent for Chrome, right bees? Tampermonkey: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en

1 Like

It sounds from here that I should be able to run greasemonkey scripts in Chrome using this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en

1 Like

I use Tampermonkey. It’s great. :+1: