Binary-type goal?

Half of my beeminder goals are binary, in the sense that the data I’m tracking is a yes/no answer to the question “did I do the thing [leave the house, do laundry, etc] today?” Thus the only datapoint I ever add is “1”, to indicate I did, in fact, do the thing. Now that autofill is dead (long live autofill), I have to click the “+” and submit every time I want to mark the thing as done, which doesn’t sound like much, but I have hand problems, so I try to avoid mouse movements as much as possible.

Does anyone else have goals of this format? If it’s a reasonably common goal type, it might be worth considering adding a “checkmark” goal type to the current list of goal types, where hitting “Add Progress” would always just add one to the graph.

Or just default the value to 1 for any goal with aggday = binary or aggday = count.

Another characteristic I’d expect of a “checkmark” goal is for integery to be turned on by default.

Little bit off topic: Is that (= making a goal integery) btw. something I can activate now as an infinibee? And how?

You need custom goals for that, which is a feature of Bee Plus at $16/mo. Though it’s much cheaper the more you buy, as I’m sure you’ve seen on the premium page.

I also have goals in which I add an explicit zero or one, for which pressing the rather than the + would be handy.

For goals where I only ever enter one at a time, I used Push by Zapier, a google chrome extension. Adding one to a goal required two clicks from anywhere in the browser (less than 2 clicks/goal if writing to multiple goals at a time). I was happy with it for a while, but I did stop using this process, because I had to sign in to Zapier more often than was worth it for the number of goals (two) I was updating there, and I found the andriod app to be just as easy.

Can also use the IFTTT button to make adding ‘the usual’ datapoint a quick exercise.

Our Android app also supports widgets, but as an iPhone person I can’t check whether they also make it super-simple to add a +1.

The desktop widgets that are part of the Beeminder Android app make this quite nice: you can make the default amount be +1 and then it’s 2 taps from the desktop (once to open the goal, again for the submit button).

The IFTTT button is especially slick and can be one tap right from the desktop.

Check out my post here: