Feature request: Beeminding weighing-in

This sounds like a great job for some kind of intermediate tool that would simply track and report “time since last datapoint” for various sources. Then you could set up a Lose-Weight type goal (or stay-under-threshold advanced goal) corresponding to delay, to keep reporting lapses under a certain threshold. I could see this even being useful for enforcing tracking of things you might not be Beeminding.

Maybe Zapier already has something like this?

Edited to add:

You can accomplish basically the same thing with the Fitbit and Gmail IFTTT integrations and a Do More goal if you have a Gmail address for your Beeminder account.

On Beeminder:

• Create a new Do More goal . Set rate based on how many times you want to weigh in: 7 times per week if you want to weigh yourself every day.

On IFTTT:

• Create a new recipe and pick the Fitbit channel for the ‘this’ step.
  • Select the Fitbit trigger “New Weight Logged”.
  • For ‘that’, pick the ‘That’
  • Use the Gmail action “Send an email”. Address it to bot@beeminder.com with [your username]/[goal-slug] as in the subject, where [goal-slug] is the last part of the URL for your newly created Do More goal.
  • Put ^ 1 in the body. You can also follow it with a comment if you’d like.

This will send a +1 datapoint to your Do More goal. You can of course game this by weighing yourself many times on the same day, so don’t do that.

Let me know if this works. I don’t actually use Fitbit, so I don’t know how how well the IFTTT or Beeminder integrations actually function.

5 Likes