- Create a blank document to serve as a diary or engineering log for your progress
- Create an URLminder goal to beemind the wordcount of that document
- Start by describing the problem and listing tasks
- Add an entry each day (or however often Beeminder makes you) describing what you tried, what’s working, what you’ll try next
- When you’re ready to declare the project a success, hit archive
- Use the last week when Beeminder still has you on the hook to add a summary and post-mortem
- You can also add a draft of a Beeminder forum post describing what you did and what you learned!
For best results, share your log/diary/document with a friend or friends or even publicly.
(Adding supporters in Beeminder can help too.) That way you’ll be too ashamed to exploit the loophole of blathering on about what you might do without actually ever doing it.