Odd road behavior upon "Commit To" rate change (was: Odd "weekends off" behavior upon turning the feature on)

So, some hours later, I revisited this goal and looked at the road editor and… I think there’s a general updating of current state display issue in the new design. I’ve noted it before in other places (such as changing the “Commit To” goal date and having it look fine after update, but a day off when I go back in; note this isn’t the subtract-one problem I’m referring to now, but the showing-the-current-state disparity).

To wit, my road editor showed me this right after Beeminder updated my new “Commit To” rate and runits (this is the AFTER picture from my post above):

And this is what it’s showing me now:

Note that all the old values have been converted from weekly rates to daily rates now. That’s cool. Not so cool is the addition of three new rows with erroneous data. Looks like this is where the graph is getting borked. (Note there was a fourth row also added, which I deleted: 10-27 date, 71 total. Nothing happened to the graph when I deleted it.)

None of those three rows seems correct. Two of them seem extraneous (the 10-27 row and one of the 11-03 rows)—but maybe I’m overlooking something? The obviously necessary row (to tell BM that the old rate applies through the akrasia horizon (11-03)) seems to be using the wrong rate, however. Shouldn’t it be the old daily rate of 0.7142…, not the new daily rate of 1? (And the one with 5 seems way off.)

For the record, deleting the 10-27 date, 5 rate row (and keeping the 10-27 date, 71 total row) appears to have solved the problem:

2 Likes