What happens when you combine weekends off with auto-capping?

It says it won’t play nicely but what does that mean?

Currently, with weekends off if I do the bare minimum on friday then it stil displays as two days safe, and if I did one day more than that it would say three. What if I had auto-capping set to two? Would it explode, trying to make me fail on a day off or would it just mean that I would be in the red on monday, or some other third thing?

(what I actually would prefer is if just put me in the red on monday. I just want to be incapable of actually failing on a weekend.)

1 Like

At present, I believe it’ll explode, and potentially put your emergency day on the weekend. This is an artefact of the implementation, not a design goal. :slight_smile:

Well, that’s better than nothing, I suppose. I wonder if this can be worked around by entering a 0 on friday.

I suppose I could always implement manual weekends off by setting IFTT or something to add data every friday

I can hear the QS folks quaking, but that’s not a terrible idea if done right, and generalises to being able to regularly schedule non-weekend days off.

Say you wanted to actually do N units per calendar week, but never have an emergency day on the weekend.

For an example of 10 units per calendar week, set IFTTT up so that it:

• adds 1.43 units on Saturday and Sunday, being ( N / 7 )
  • subtracts 0.57 units on each weekday morning, being ( 2 x N / 7 / 5)

Works out neutrally, because (2 x 1.43 – 5 x 0.57 ≈ 0). Add more decimal places if you’re bothered about the epsilon, but there’s usually more noise in the measurement than these shenanigans are going to add.

Yeah as much as I like the pretty graphs, getting the incentives right is more important. I suppose I’ll do this if it becomes an issue.