Akr.asia: extra integrations + a framework for creating integrations

Good idea; Iā€™ve been meaning to make a place for issue submissions. Iā€™ll add a link to this forum thread for support, for now! I would use GitHub, but then people without GitHub accounts wouldnā€™t be able to open issues. Anyone with a Beeminder account should be able to post on the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The pinboard integration seems to have stopped working for me - and it seems like the certificate ran out on the site. Iā€™m not sure if these two things are related but just wanted to point both out.

More generally, Thanks for akr.asia, itā€™s great!

1 Like

Should be fixed now. Integrations should be working again and akr.asia
should soon redirect to the new manage site. Sorry this took so long to get
sorted!

2 Likes

Just for anyone who wants to use the ingetragtions that @csu has built. The URL is now https://akrasia.on.csu.io/

3 Likes

Ah yea, thatā€™s the new link now. Thanks for updating the post! It doesnā€™t seem to let me update the original post anymore :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just bumped up your ā€œtrust levelā€. Does it let you now?

2 Likes

@csu Is the Memrise integration broken? My goal went from almost a million points to about a thousand yesterday: https://www.beeminder.com/openmedi/memrise

@dreev Ah, that worked. Edited the original post and updated the links!

@matti Huh, I havenā€™t changed anything, but itā€™s possible something changed on their end that broke something. Just scanning the integration code though, it seems like it should still be working.

If you want to mess with the code there a bit, you could try manually hitting the Glitch endpoint with HTTP requests and seeing if the console output/response is working as expected.

Iā€™m not really actively maintaining the integrations anymore. If you do change anything though, feel free to send me a different endpoint for the integration and I can point it to that instead.

2 Likes

@csu See line 44:

var solvedProblemsCount = parseInt(elem.text().replace(',', ''));

The problem is that str.replace will only replace the first occurence if the first argument is a string. Meaning when the number is something like this ā€˜1,010,632ā€™ it becomes this: ā€˜1010,632ā€™. parseInt intreprets this as parseInt(1010, 632), the second argument (radix) being not within the limit and therefore ignored. Thatā€™s how we end up at ca. 1000 points in beeminder instead of a million points.

I changed it to be a global regex and I believe it should be working now: https://glitch.com/edit/#!/chestnut-hydrant

2 Likes

@csu Did you have a chance to look into this?

Should be updated now!

3 Likes

I was searching for something for codewars, thank you for your work @csu! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for making this! Very happy to have a codewars integration, sort of!

1 Like

We might need to update the memrise integration, or rather add a decks integration for community created decks: https://www.memrise.com/decks-by-memrise/

Another thing: As said by @hmowilliams in her thread about FreeCodeCamp: FCC and also KhanAcademy might lend themselves perfectly for simple integrations just like the memrise one is. Can we get that going @csu? I might be able to contribute if you tell me how. :wink:

3 Likes

+1, KhanAcademy would be wonderful! I would also be ready to contribute, if it lies within the realm of my abilities :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LeetCode integration isnā€™t updating in Beeminder. Iā€™m just seeing my initial datapoint that Beeminder starts new goals with. I added some debug logging to the glitch and it looks like itā€™s reading the data correctly from LeetCode, so itā€™s not a username/privacy issue.

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m having similar issues. I havenā€™t been getting updates from LeetCode, CodeWars, or even post counts from the Beeminder forum.

I did some digging, and it looks like the specific integrations were hosted on Glitch (example). The code is there, but they all just display cannot GET / when trying to start them up.

Iā€™m guessing wherever these fetches are being sent isnā€™t being hosted anymore? It doesnā€™t seem like the code for whatever magic happens during the processing of these JSON files isnā€™t publicly available either.

1 Like

It could be that something is gone, but it could just be that Glitch has flaked out, yet again.

It pains me to say but Glitch has been so flaky for me over the last few months that I am no longer interested in using them.

2 Likes

They do seem to have been living up to their name in recent months! Although after a minor debacle last month with custom domain names, theyā€™ve felt reliable again. I still use Glitch every day and am certainly rooting for them. Though I confess that Repl.it is feeling more like The Future now (ironically, Repl.it is actually older than Glitch).

1 Like