Android Widget Feature Request

On the Android widget that shows a list of goals, if you tap the bee icon, it’ll open the app. If you miss the bee icon and tap anywhere else on the top bar, it selects it for moving the widget. This is obnoxious because the bee is smaller than my finger tip, so I have to hit it just right. I’d like to request the whole top bar be made to open the app. Since it is also possible to move the widget by long pressing in the body, this feature request does not preclude that ability.

I also second the request to be able to see fine print in the app.

3 Likes

I’ll see what I can do for the widget! There’s a little sync icon on the right side that complicates things, and Android is a little restricted in what you can do in widgets with positioning. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Interestingly, I can’t replicate what @trb97horsegal describes. On my device I can only move the widget by long-pressing it – header or body doesn’t matter. So nothing happens for me if I just fat-finger an attempt at pressing the bee icon.

Now I’m curious if it’s me or @trb97horsegal who’s the weirdo here!

1 Like

What happens when you tap something in a widget that doesn’t handle the tap (a button, a checkbox, a scrollable list, a label with a click handler…) is launcher specific, not something that’s standardized across Android.

4 Likes

Thanks!!!

2 Likes