app recommendation blackberry/android: be at place X every day at Y time

Hi, I’d like an app to provide autodata whether I leave for work on time.

The app should post 1 point if I’m more than a certain distance from home (as measured by GPS coordinates) at a certain time every day. It should post 0 points if I’m not. GPS should remain off at other times to conserve battery life. The app needs to work offline (because I don’t want the temptations of a data plan). It needs to sync over the home wifi. Manual intervention must not be required except for the initial config. The app must run on Blackberry or the Android virtual machine inside Blackberry.

Paid apps are fine as long as I get a refund in case they don’t work, or stop working.

Is there something that meets these criteria?

Thank you!

1 Like

You can do a lot of GPS related stuff on Android using Tasker, but I don’t know anything about Blackberry sadly.

1 Like

Sadly there is no tasker on blackberry due to manufacturer restrictions. The closest thing is actiontrigger, but iirc it cannot switch things on and off. Let alone post to beeminder.

1 Like

@dreev it looks like there was some kind of quoted text disaster on parsing this post?

1 Like

A disaster indeed. Reply-by-mail sometimes confuses Discourse. I tidy them up when I read the threads. This one was weirder than average. Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

Seems unlikely to meet the criteria, but I use Foursquare / Swarm to ‘check in’ when I’ve arrived at a location, and then IFTTT to update my Beeminder goal. In my case, that’s my gym-going goal, but it’s a general-purpose approach.

1 Like