Automatically Beeminding Bedtime via FitBit?

I’m a newbee, and after reading Matthew Walker’s “Why We Sleep,” I’ve become convinced that beeminding my sleep will have the highest productivity/well-being-multiplier of any behavior change I could make (Sleep is Your Superpower, after all).

In the spirit of tracking inputs rather than outputs, I’d like to track the time I go to bed, as measured automatically by my FitBit. I know BeeMinder has options for integrating “total time asleep,” from the fitbit, but I’d really like one for bed time.

Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? If not, why not?

3 Likes

It’s one of those “I don’t know how it really is for you so I’ll explain how I do it” replies. So feel free to ignore.

It seems like Fitbit only calculates the sleep time after https://www.reddit.com/r/ifttt/comments/6z6k4b/anyway_to_use_sleep_sensor_in_fitbit_to_trigger/

I don’t have a Fitbit, but I use sleep as android. That one can send a sleep time started webhook to ifttt, which I use to add a point to bei der if it’s within my bedtime.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I’ve tried IFTTT, but it seems there’s no webhook for FitBit’s “Time Asleep.”

As for the delay in calculation, I don’t think that’s much of a problem. Right now I just manually click a “did-you-go-to-bed-on-time-last-night-per-FitBit” box, so I’d be happy if I just didn’t have to do the manual step.

1 Like