Calendial-Concomitant Continuous Commenting

Bookminder

Wouldn’t it be funny if I actually created my goals when I downloaded the ebooks?

Anyways. I just made ethan-of-athos for the next Vorkosigan Saga book. It’s set to end in two weeks. I also added a to-do list entry for pre-emptively downloading a bunch of books for travel time moving to Texas, which I won’t bother tracking again.

I graph-edited cetaganda to end itself tonight, since it’s done.

Derailments

None!

Changes and Notes

• Remember the change in pattern I mentioned last week? Well, I sat down to sort it out, and discovered instead that the whole cuff I’d done was in the wrong needle size. :man_facepalming: I’m almost back to the pattern-change but in the right size… so I ratcheted knitting to two days again.
  • I scheduled a long break for haaang, since I’ll be moving and then on my honeymoon soon, and that one requires me to have my fingerboard set up. I’m not sure if I’ll even be able to set it up, since we’re moving to an apartment, so I also scheduled a task for 9 days before it comes off break to check if I should archive it—by then I should know if it’s possible to let it come off break (possibly with changes). Worst case, I extend the break and set another check-in task.
  • I scheduled breaks for everything during my honeymoon. Related: the ?start and finish urlparams on https://www.beeminder.com/breaks are amazing but I desire also a select-all or something like that that sets the initial state of every checkbox to true. I’ll file another forum thread about that. (EDIT: as promised, a thread!)
  • I mentioned last week that the Getting Things Done book had a tremendous amount of fluff; as a “review” pass I went through my epub and edited as I went, ending up removing ~65-70% of the content that was originally there. Goodness! Like I said, there were some great ideas, and I’ve set up some lists and files and things in accordance with a GTD-style approach using Obsidian’s excellent Kanban community plugin. I’m planning to set up a beeminder goal around freshening/keeping up with this, but I’m waiting to do that until after move & honeymoon finish disrupting my normal routine. Keep an eye on this space for more news!

Edit: I’ve just +1’d my goal and with all my breaks coming up in June my goal says I’m good for 27 days! So it’ll… probably be about that many days before I update here again. I might squeeze a calendial check-in between breaks but if I don’t get to it and want to let the goal run itself down, I’m totally fine with that. June’s gonna be a Lot! In a good way, but still.

3 Likes