We were toying with a new category, “Beeblog”, for discussing blog posts. If there’s demand for that it’s fine with me. But I propose we be pretty conservative about adding new categories and not add them for the sake of, well, categorizing. Rather, we should add a category because we believe there are people who want to subscribe to just that category, or want to exclude that category. Here’s how the existing categories satisfy that criterion:
- Akrasia (catch-all)
- Bugabee (bug reports and feature requests) ignored by people who are interested in the behavioral economics and general lifehackery but aren’t that deep into Beeminder specifically yet
- Tech (uebernerd hackery) ignored by non-programmers
- Newbee is where you go if you’re new and confused, or if you like helping people (eg, @insti and @drtall – I sure love you)
- Meta you might ignore if you find this kind of navel-gazing super tedious
- News you might subscribe to if you just care about big announcements or timely things
- InnerHex is super secret and most of you don’t know about it but you can ask me!